When we speak between travellers, the question “What’s on your bucket list” often arises. If I always have my next destination in mind, I find it harder to keep a bucket list. I want to visit as many places as possible and I feel like having a list could reduce my open-minded approach to new opportunities and new destinations.
However, it is true that some destinations have been in my head for years now. And I do want to go to these places some day. I could have spent days to list them, but with the objective in mind that I want to publish this article one day I decided to limit my list to 20 destinations. And every time I will take off a destination, I will have the opportunity to add one more.
I have also listed below some destinations I visited that would have been part of this bucket list if I had started it a few years ago.
Travel Bucket List: 20 Places I Want To Visit
The list is by alphabetical order according to the country
- Dive with Whale Sharks (Ningaloo Reef, Australia)
- Stay in a lighthouse in Croatia
- Paris catacombs
- Sailing trip around Brittany (France)
- Hike Corsica (France)
- Iceland and view the Northern Lights / Aurora Borealis
- Tuscany (Italy)
- The Lost City of Petra (Jordan)
- Skydive Fox Glacier (New Zealand)
- Machu Picchu Trek (Peru)
- USA Road Trip
- Visit New York
- Yellowstone National Park (USA)
- The Grand Canyon (USA)
- Hike a volcano in Vanuatu
To Be Continued…!
What I ticked off my bucket list:
- Teach French in England (2006)
- See Stonehenge (2006)
- Visit Oxford to feel like in a Harry Potter movie
- Walk around the old town of Edinburgh at night (2007)
- Drive the Great Ocean Road (2009)
- Live in Australia (2009)
- Visit Istanbul (2010)
- Check out the big rock featured on the 1st page of Australia’s guide books – Uluru (2010)
- Go to the Sahara (2010)
- Climb Kilimanjaro (2014)
- Safari in Africa – Serengeti, Tarangire, Ngorongo Crater (2014)
- Dive the Great Barrier Reef (2014)
- Dive with Manta Rays (2014)
- Dive with Grey Nurse Sharks (2015)
- Snorkel and play with sea lions (2015)
- See wild sea turtle hatchlings (2016)
What about you? Do you keep a travel bucket list? Leave a comment below!
Follow Eloise’s board Travel Bucket List on Pinterest
Eloise lives in Brisbane (Australia), but you won’t find her often in the city. When she is not disconnected underwater or in a national park, she loves sharing her travel tips and inspiring her readers to take care of our beautiful planet. She considers every weekend as a two-day holiday break. Her approach: you don’t always need to go far to travel. Still, she also enjoys exploring the world and discovering new cultures. Eloise is originally from France and, before moving to Brisbane, she lived in Sydney, Istanbul and England.